Wednesday, April 7, 2010

little hands, little treasures




I know, it has been 3 weeks since my last post. Surprisingly enough, I have been pretty busy (considering I stay home and have an out of town husband).

Well, Ande will be 1 next week. I am a little depressed yet excited that he is not really a baby anymore. He is a full-blown walking/climbing machine. It scares me a little that he can already climb into the bathtub, onto the couch, and on top of his walker by himself.

Walking has opened up a whole new world for him. Every time we walk to the car from the house or vice versa, it takes us about 10 minutes (the car is like 5 strides from our door). It's not because he is a slow walker, it's because he stops every two steps to pick up a pebble or a nut shell. Out of all the rocks and sticks by our apartment, he always seems to pick up the smallest, tiniest, little pebbles. To Ande, these aren't just rocks or dirt, they are treasures! He will hold on to his little treasure all day if I don't pry it from his little fingers.

So anway, the point of the story is, I have been busy making something for Ande to put his little treasures in. I scrounged up some scrap fabric and put together a back pack. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty cute.




3 comments :

  1. Wow!! You are amazing. I love that age Ande is at...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay--

    i think its awesome that you let him take 10 minutes. That is so great.

    I Love the backpack so much! I cant believe hes a walker-only now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That backpack is way cute! Great job!!

    I can't believe Ande is already going to be 1. Wow time goes by fast!

    Very fun!

    ReplyDelete