Monday, July 12, 2010

Airplane Fun Tray

Coming up, Ande and I are venturing off to Utah to have a blast with our family. Curtis will be joining us a week or two later and that means....I am ON MY OWN on the plane with Ande. I have been racking my brain and the internet trying to come up with ways to keep a 1 year old occupied in a small, confined space for 5 hours. To my relief, a blog that I follow posted a fabulous idea just this morning! Serving Pink Lemonade had made an Airplane Tray Cover, and I think it is such an amazing idea and I had to make one.

I tried to include all sorts of busy little activities that I think Ande will like.
These include:
~A zippered pouch in the shape of a basket
~The pouch contains velcro flowers which having matching flowers to attach to
~A twisty thingy (I took from a handy manny book Ande had) which has wheels that you can pull on and off
~A buckle...his favorite!


It is a sleeve that fits perfectly over the airplane tray.

I am hoping that this, along with some other goodies I've been collecting, will ease the wiggles. We shall see....

5 comments :

  1. Cute Cute Cute.....My daughter LOVES buckles like that too! Good luck on the plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your profile description. With two gorgeous boys I love adding girly touches to my own 'quiet nap' crafty times too! Thanks for your post - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These trips usually ends up better than you expect. I am a seasoned traveller alone with my kids to and from Norway, but I must admit I am still anxious for my next one.
    Have a safe trip and I am sure your daughter will be very content with her new airplane fun tray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Here is the one I made: http://creatiefbezig.blogspot.nl/2013/04/vliegtuig-vermaak.html

    ReplyDelete