Monday, November 8, 2010

New Curtsay Cloche Design


I thought today was the day...

...the day I'd get rid of little Ande's blankie.

Well, it didn't end up working out too well.
He L.O.V.E.S his blankie as if it were a person. And, I love that he loves it.
The problem arrived when he started chewing on it and all the corners became all brown and nasty. My wonder-stain-remover (aka dawn) didn't even get out the muck so we decided it was time to move on.

This morning, I went out and bought some really soft minky and satin-y fabric that was the same color blue as his blankie. I whipped up his new blankie real speedy like when we got home. He liked that it was soft and kept saying "soft, soft, soft" over and over again. I got excited, thinking my plan had worked. I put his old blankie in the laundry room hamper and made the switch.

Not so fast momma...

I put tired, sneezy, snuffly little Ande down for his nap with new blankie but he would not sleep. He talked, and talked, and talked about "bwankie."
So, being more of a "sleep nazi" than a "blankie nazi," I went and brought him his old blankie.

He fell fast asleep within 2 minutes.

I guess this is going to have to be a gradual thing.

Anyways, the real point of my story was that making his new blankie this morning got me caught up in a whirl-wind of ideas. I have so many things I want to try out this week. One of those things I just finished, and it's my new Curtsay Cloche design...

{The Curtsay Bow Beanie}
(just remember that I don't have any girl models and try to forgive me for the silly pictures)


The pattern for this hat will be up in my shop by Wednesday!

No comments :

Post a Comment