Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Get Hooked {6} - Crochet Pennant Bunting

I know you have seen these fun pennant buntings all over the crafty blog world.
They are such a cute way to decorate for any holiday.
I have made a couple from free printables that I found, one for Thanksgiving, another for Valentine's day.
Making them out of paper is cute, and making them out of scrap fabric is even cuter.

Well, I have found a new way to create a pennant bunting banner.
With crochet of course!

I wanted to make a bright, spring-y, colorful banner to decorate our mantle, but I didn't have any spare yarn in those colors. Instead, I found the colors I had were perfect for a little boy's room. I made this for the soon-to-arrive baby Owen's nursery.







This is a VERY easy pattern to follow, especially if you already know anything about a "granny square."
It is basically a granny square turned triangle.
If you have absolutely no clue what a granny square is, never fear! I think this pattern will still be easy for you!

Find your free pattern (made by me!) HERE.

And now I will give you a little sneak peek into what I worked on this morning. I am so excited about this that I just have to show you right now, even though I am not sure what I'm going to do with these just yet (I may write a free pattern, sell them in my shop, or just keep them for myself! eek! I don't know).

No comments :

Post a Comment