Wednesday, October 5, 2011

blanket turned scarf

Remember that time I said I was going to crochet a striped baby blanket for Owen?

Remember when I said I didn't think I would ever finish?

Well, I finally agree with myself. I would never finish. 
That blanket was taking forever.
After almost 3 months of working on it, I had only completed 4 stripes.
I gave up on the blanket idea, but I couldn't give up on the project all together.

So, I tweaked it a little bit and turned this;

into this: 

I added a cute little scalloped border,


and a fun little mum flower clip.


I almost want to keep this for myself.


But I already made myself a scarf for the winter that I like even better (I'll show you soon).


This scarf is so warm, comfy, and versatile!
You can wear it like a regular scarf, or use the flower clip to help pin it up around the neck like a cowl.


I love the way the colors compliment each other, don't you?

If you want it, go check it out in my shop, Curtsay Designs.
I probably won't be making another one like this (unless somebody really wants me to), so hurry! Don't miss out!

1 comment :