Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July {fruit skewers}

Happy Independence Day!
This is one of my favorite holidays.
I love everything about it.

This year, we are driving up to Gettysburg to meet up with some family 
that is making their way across the country. 
It will be fun to walk across the historic battlefield,
and to teach the kids about this great country that we live in.
On the way home, we plan to hit up King's Dominion which is an awesome amusement park.
I haven't been on a roller coaster in 6 years, so I'm pretty excited!

It will take us about 6 hours to get up to Pennsylvania.
That's a long car ride.
I've found that the best way to keep the kids happy in the car is with FOOD
however, I wanted to make sure we stuck with our recent healthy eating plan.
I decided to pack some healthy snack and lunch options for the kids.

And of course, I had to keep things festive...


These little fruit skewers are cute, easy to put together, fun for the kids to eat, and they've got the whole red-white-and-blue thing going on.


And yes, I used "justice league" skewers.
I was just trying to please a certain super-hero-crazed boy in my family...


Now, here's to hoping it doesn't rain on our holiday fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment