Friday, September 13, 2013

an unbirthday party


Do you ever get an urge to have an "unbirthday" party?
Well, I do.

There are a lot of birthdays going on all around us.
There is always at least one cousin having a birthday,
I'm working on some stuff for Curtis' birthday in October,
and I went and grabbed a present for Ande's friend's birthday party on Saturday.

I have a firm rule with the kids that we don't buy new toys, pretty much ever,
unless it is your birthday or Christmas.
But, as I walked up and down the toy isle this morning (shopping for Ande's friend),
I wanted SO badly to buy something for my boys.

I don't know what has come over me.
I keep trying to think of a good reason for buying them something new.
I really just have this urge to see them get all excited,
to watch their faces light up,
and to watch them carry around their new toy for weeks as if they are permanently attached.
I love when that happens.
Christmas is still months away,
and Halloween and Thanksgiving aren't about the presents 
(and I want to keep it that way),
so that leaves me with only one choice...

an un-birthday party! 

Will I actually do it?
I don't know. Maybe.
Will I keep dreaming about how fun it would be?
Definitely.

1 comment :

  1. My husband's family does unbirthday parties... they're a blast!

    ReplyDelete