Wednesday, October 16, 2013

crochet love {crochet wreath}

I have been eyeing this beautiful crochet statement wreath from GoodKnits for a while now. When I decided to make a new wreath for Fall, I knew right away that I wanted to use her crochet wreath idea.


I used a neutral colored yarn so that I can mix and match flowers for different holidays/seasons. I used an old wreath form and some Hometown USA, Lion Brand yarn that I already had on hand. I love scavenging from my own stash for a nice, free project!


To make the wreath, I started by working single crochet stitches around the wreath form. I made sure to keep them close together and counted them so I had a multiple of 3 for my next round. For round 2, I worked a v-stitch all the way around. For round 3, I also worked a v-stitch with 4 chains in between the double crochets rather than just one. This left a sweet little scalloped edge. When finishing off, I made sure to create a loop for hanging the wreath.


I was a little big lazy with the flowers and decided to just use my flower loom. I used some fun, bright, "fallish" colors (Vanna's Choice yarn in terracotta & honey). I planned to make a bunch of flowers to make a prettier bouquet, but then I remembered how frustrating the flower loom can be, so I stopped at two! :)


I love my new fall wreath and I definitely plan on using it through the Christmas season as well with some pretty crimson and white flowers or something. My pattern is a little different than hers, but thanks to Goodknits for the wonderful idea!


2 comments :

  1. Great idea, I love the yarn choice, you are so right in that you will be able to decorate it per season.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how you attached the flowers. I would like to make these for gifts, and would like to include flowers to change out for each season. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete