Tuesday, July 15, 2014

when kids become awesome

(Ande's first day of Kindergarten. He loves it and thought I should stop acting goofy about it)


(And of course, Owen had to wear a backpack too when we went to drop Ande off...just because)


I spend a lot of time thinking, stressing, and praying about my kids. I want to teach them everything they need to know to succeed in life. I want them to have good manners, to want to learn, to have faith, etc..etc... And recently I've realized that I can't do it all and I won't always have the power to make them be a certain way.

But luckily, sometimes they end up being awesome all on their own.

Over the past couple weeks, I have noticed this happen a few times.

Like when they conquered their fear of water by being brave and just going for it, and learning how to swim...

Or when Ande started Kindergarten and wasn't nervous about making friends and didn't get upset when he had to ride the bus all the way back to school because the bus driver didn't see me waiting for him.

They were brave and not afraid and I had nothing to do with it. They are becoming awesome, individual, little people and I love them.

No comments :

Post a Comment