Monday, November 10, 2014

on motherhood and feeling grateful

fall-leaves

fall-leaf-exploration

throwing-leaves

experiencing-fall

The other night I was reading stories with the boys for bedtime when Ande got upset about something and leaned down and shouted right in my ear. Usually this would really tick me off but for some reason, instead of scolding him, I burst into a fit of laughter. Inside, I really was upset. Somehow my brain got some wires crossed and caused me to laugh instead of shout.

Once I started, Ande and Owen started giggling, and we couldn't even get through the rest of the book. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I really feel like those crossed wires were a little blessing sent from up above. I really don't like getting after the boys but sometimes it's just hard to keep my cool. You know?

I'm feeling pretty grateful for that small moment on that otherwise uneventful night. I'm grateful that we were able to spend those last minutes before sleep laughing and smiling rather than frustrated and sad.

Anyways, I guess that is what motherhood is all about... learning to laugh when you'd rather be crying.



More of my thoughts on motherhood here, here, and here.

No comments :

Post a Comment