Monday, March 23, 2015

it's all just a balancing act...



Sometimes I feel like my life is just a big balancing act. It's like I'm riding a unicycle on a tight rope while juggling, and I'm not doing so great at it. I'm wobbling all over the place and dropping balls like crazy.

I'm constantly trying to balance being a fully present, stay at home mom and wife, with various responsibilities, health issues, working on this blog, and keeping my shop up and running. 

It's obvious to me what the most important task in that list is and that's being the best mom that I can be. I knew from the very beginning that I wanted to stay home with my kids. I want to experience all of their milestones with them, I want to be the one to teach them, and I want to be there to comfort them. I love them and I cherish them and I don't want my face to be permanently stuck behind a screen, or a ball of yarn, when I'm with them.

Unfortunately, I've found that it's just not that simple. 

Being a stay-at-home mom can be extremely rewarding, but I also have this need to make and create and write. The feeling of pride and joy I get when I ship out orders or make a pattern sale is also an extremely rewarding feeling. The loneliness that sometimes comes with spending my days with people under the age of 5 is often counteracted by the happiness that I feel when I knit up something beautiful.

So, it's obvious that all of these balls that I'm juggling work together to make my life wonderful, but the question is, how can I keep them all in the air?

I honestly have no idea how to answer that, but I do know that I want to do the absolute best I can at everything I love to do. It seems like an impossible task, but I guess the lessons learned and experiences had along the journey are the things that shape us into that amazing uni-cycling, tight rope riding, juggler that we want to be!




Have you found a work-life balance? What do you do to keep all of your juggling balls in check?



No comments :

Post a Comment