Tuesday, June 22, 2010

diy love {My Diaper n' Wipes Clutch}


I've seen many different takes on the "diaper clutch." Most of which are a little purse-like pouch. I took the idea in a different direction. I wanted something that would hold my wipes and diapers together, but also something that offered easy access to the wipes lid. So here is how I did it, see what you think...
1. Cut your fabric to size and shape.

2. The shape I use has two tails on each side. When finished, they will fold over the wipes case and diapers, and Velcro over each other. You will be left with a perfect little opening to open the case and pull out some wipes.
3. Measure and cut your Velcro. You will then pin the Velcro pieces to the 4 tails.
4. For a little extra flair, I wanted to add ruffles to my case. These are quick and easy to do. I cut one long piece of fabric about 2". Fold and then sew down the long edge.
5. As you sew, you will want to fold the edge over (pictured above) so that you will have finished edges. Turn this piece right side out and iron. You must now sew a basting stitch down the middle of this long piece. Do not back stitch so that you can pull the thread and cause it to gather.
6. I ended up using two ruffles. Now, place the ruffle where you want it, pin, and sew down the middle of each ruffle.

7. You are now ready to place your two sides together with right sides facing in. Pin these pieces and sew around.
8. Make sure to leave an opening so that you can turn the piece right side out.
9. Once you have turned the piece right side out, iron it flat and then sew around the entire piece again. This will allow you to fold in the open hole and sew it up.
10. Ta-Da! You are done! Take your diapers and wipes case and place them in the middle of the fabric piece. Fold your tails over the diapers and wipes case and Velcro them shut.




Easy to make and easy to use.
How did you do?

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous idea! I love this tutorial- I'd love it if you'd link up on this Week's Sharing Time Link Up! http://heathernow.blogspot.com/2010/06/sharing-time_27.html
    Have a great week,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to post this tues.
    Wonderful tutorial,very precious!

    ReplyDelete