Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sandy Toes, Salty Kisses


We have ventured to the beach for a week. This is Ande's first time here, and it has been a whopping 2 years since I have been to the beach. If you know me, then you must realize how tragic it is to spend so long away from this place. The North Carolina beach is my favorite place in the whole world (well...of all the places I've ever been, which isn't many). Some of my fondest childhood memories were spent at the beach; this is the place where Curtis proposed, how could you not love such a wonderful place? There is something for everyone here. Walking along the beach, fishing, surfing, swimming, building sandcastles. Heck, while on a walk, I saw two older men skim boarding. They had potbellies and one of them wore a "Lee Dundee" type safari hat. So anyways, I fully expected Ande to like it. But, to my excitement, he doesn't just like it, he L.O.V.E.'s it! He continually ran headlong into the water with a huge grin on his face. I love that smile.

This is going to be a good week...
(if only Curtis was here to enjoy it with us!)










1 comment :

  1. I love his little piggies. All of those are such fun pictures. It makes me want to cry that we aren't raising our kids by the beach. Really, you have to blow up and frame that feet picture. So cute.

    ReplyDelete