Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fail

I thought up this great idea to make some video tutorials on crochet 101 along with some easy projects for anyone that wanted to learn.

Well...

I just spent the past hour and a half trying to make 1 good video for you. I failed miserably! First of all, I really don't like hearing my voice on camera. Second, I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to focus. Thirdly, I couldn't seem to keep my hands/yarn/hook in the screen. They slowly move up, up, up with every take. For some reason, I thought making a quick video tutorial would be easy as pie. What am I missing here? I even had a great name ready for these tutorials. I can't give up, I guess I will try again tomorrow!

On top of all that, I am trying, really trying, to start potty- training little Ande. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I am doing and neither does he. We've made several attempts at sitting on the potty. He has a grand old time sitting there, but doesn't quite understand why I am making him sit there. I try to predict when he might need to go but I have yet to catch the perfect moment... Any suggestions?

4 comments :

  1. Yes! We did a three-day potty training boot camp. You basically have to stay home all day for three days and put your child in underwear. The first day we didn't do anything else and she had 8 accidents (yikes), but the second day we put the potty in front of the tv and let her watch cartoons all day (I know, I know) and drink a LOT of juice. Then every time she had a success we praised her like crazy, gave her a treat (a must) and let her get off the potty and play for an hour. Don't get mad at them if they have an accident or don't want to sit on the potty. Just keep trying, praising (and giving treats) when they do it, and cleaning up the accidents... Try to make it fun for them, but don't stress them out, and try not to stress out too much yourself. I kid you not, on the fourth day of our potty training, we went to church, and had no accidents. It was great. Of course we've had accidents since then, but that happens no matter what. Anyway, good luck! Hopefully it won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you figure it out, let me know too. Hallie asks me everyday to wear underwear and I dont even want to GO there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Amber. Ande is a smart boy and probably will pick it up really fast, but if I were you I would wait until he is 4. I had a horrible time training Tyler, and an easy time with Ashley. I'm dreading training a boy again, so Brandon is STILL in diapers. Good luck. (With Ashley we used the book Potty Training in less than a day) Please don't give up on your how to video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does he know when he's about to go in his diaper yet? If not, then physically he's not quite ready. Every kid is ready at different times. I've had to potty train WAY too many kids and half of them just haven't been ready either physically or emotionally when we first started trying... fortunately, he's your own kid, so YOU get to make the calls on when he's ready for it. After the kid can feel it before their about to go, I would say the next hardest part is helping them create the habit. It's hard for a little one to remember to stop playing, watching tv, running around, etc and take the time to sit on the potty. After 5 months of torture (due to parental forced potty training), the 2 1/2 yr old I watch is FINALLY telling me when she needs to go... most of the time. Praise and a little treat for each success works wonders! I still sit her on the potty every 30min-1hr like clockwork though...

    ReplyDelete