Tuesday, April 3, 2012

homemade pizza...a cooking success!

I'm not a great cook, and have always hated doing it.
Even when I try following a recipe, it hardly ever turns out very good.
I told you how my sweet potato fries turned out.
But there is one cookbook that Curtis and I picked up right after we were married, that I love.

(get it on amazon!)

The recipes are simple, and easy.
I almost always have all of the ingredients that I need already,
and it always makes the perfect amount for my little family
 (little to no leftovers...because who actually eats leftovers?)
Among my favorite recipes from this book is the home made pizza.
I made it last week and it turned out to be delish! Yay!

All you need to do is:

- dissolve 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast in 1 cup warm water
- blend the yeast mixture, 2 cups flour, 2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- stir in 1 more cup of flour
-knead the dough into ball, cover, and let rest for about 30 min.
-stretch dough out into round pizza shape and place on greased pan


For the tomato sauce simmer 
1 8 oz can tomato sauce, 
1 tbsp sugar, 
1/2 tsp garlic powder, 
and 1 tsp italian seasoning. 
I also like to add veggies to the sauce like, tomatoes, spinach, or even avacado.



Add your toppings (can you tell we like pepperonis?) and put in the oven at 450 for about 15 minutes.


I like my crust to be really thin and a little crunchy...this time around it was thick and crunchy, but still good!


As I am typing this, I can't believe that I am actually posting about cooking, considering my track record.
But, this is a recipe that pretty much anyone would like, you can change up the toppings and sauce however you want, and it's pretty hard to mess up.

Now you can have a family pizza night of your own!

No comments :

Post a Comment