Tuesday, September 25, 2012

diy love { felt leaf garland and my autumn decor }

I am not usually a huge holiday decorator.
I like when holiday decorations are simple and not too over done.
I also like to keep things simple from a budget perspective 
(which seems to be a theme in all my diy projects).

For this years autumn decor, I made a fun felt garland of leaves.


I didn't use any fancy cutting machines for this project, just your run of the mill cardboard cut-out.
I cut out the shape of a leaf in cardboard then traced it and cut with some different colored felt.
I am loving the color combination that I chose with burgundy, gold, and turquoise.




Next, I laced each leaf with a needle and some string to create the garland.


The only other fall decorations that I have up on the  mantle are things
 that we bought from the $1 store when we first got married.
I love using the "Autumn Harvest" wooden letters 
and the funny fabric pumpkins that don't really match anything.
I will probably always use them so I can remember those first days of celebrating things together.



Simple decor, cheery colors, just my style.


1 comment :

  1. Cute. I wonder how it would look with leaves from scrapbook paper? I've recently found it's VERY easy to add stiches to paper things!

    Fireflies & Jellybeans Linky Party #83
    http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/rustic-burlap-pumpkin/

    ReplyDelete