Monday, October 8, 2012

diy love { yarn wrapped monogram wreath }

{ yarn wrapped monogram wreath }


I know I'm not the first to create one of these, 
and I actually first saw this idea on Pinterest (of all places...),
but I just love it!
My wreath's don't usually turn out the way I want them to.
They always look thrown together with haphazard materials.
Luckily, I love my "H." 
Maybe it's because I feel a little more "in my element" when using yarn,
 or maybe because it was so simple that it was hard to mess up.

Here's what I did:


Cardboard H :: Joann's
Caron Simply Soft Yarn :: AC Moore
Fabric flower and ribbon rosette :: made by me from scraps

Wrapping the cardboard letter is pretty easy, but it does take some planning ahead to figure out how to get every section of your letter covered. The "H" was a little tricky at first, but I got it figured out pretty quickly.
You may want to glue down the edges of yarn as you wrap, but I just tucked them in so that I can re-use my cardboard letter if I want to. Once you are done wrapping, add some flower embellishments, tie some yarn to hang it from, and that's it!



I am really happy with how it turned out, especially the coloring.
I originally wrapped it in a burnt shade of orange for Fall, but quickly changed my mind when I saw this coral-peachy color. It's not exactly a traditional Fall color, but who says I have to be traditional?

What kind of wreaths have you made for Fall?

1 comment :

  1. Your's turned out really cute! I have been working on mine for a while.. It's the letter B--which is kind of difficult and I am using black yarn.. I am a perfectionist too, which doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete