Wednesday, February 26, 2014

diy love {penelope peplum}

I love to wear dresses. I definitely feel like I was born in the wrong era (until I remember epidurals...I'm glad I have those). The problem is that I have really high standards when it comes to finding a dress. Besides the style and pattern of the fabric, and ease of wear (hello! I have 3 small, dirty children), I need the dress to be modest! Why is it so hard to find something with a high neck line, sleeves, and knee length skirt?

Luckily, Kate from See Kate Sew, created a really fabulous add-on to her penelope peplum shirt pattern! This pattern was the cure for all of my dress woes. Seriously.

So here's how my penelope peplum dress turned out...




I got the knit fabric from Joann's; I just love a good floral, don't you? I am not the best seamstress in the world, and haven't worked with very many knits, but thanks to a great pattern, my dress turned out great! I definitely plan on making another one...and I think I might add a cute peter pan collar to the next one!

I usually take pictures when the littles are sleeping, and I should probably stick to that. They are OBSESSED with the camera for some reason! What is it with babies and electronics?




Luckily, they are pretty cute co-stars!



1 comment :

  1. you're adorable! I'm excited to get to know you better through Topsy Turvy stuff!

    mel | sofestive.com

    ReplyDelete