Thursday, July 24, 2014

my top 3 favorite podcasts at the moment

I used to listen to all kinds of music...always searching for the perfect "dance" song to choreograph to. Lately, though, I find myself opting for a podcast over music during workouts or in the car. I think part of the reason I do this is because I love to learn and listening to a podcast helps keep me sharp. But maybe it's because I like to feel like I have other grown-ups to talk to (or listen to) during the day filled with little toddler conversations.

I don't know, but I love them, and here are three of my favorites at the moment:




1. Elise Get's Crafty - This podcast is about "blogging, business, creativity, inspiration, and motivation" by blogger Elise Joy of EliseJoy.com. If you are a handmade artisan or a blogger, I highly recommend giving this a listen! Elise talks with all kinds of people in the indie business about creativity and how they run their shops and blogs. It is enlightening and so, so inspiring!


Sawbones

2. Sawbones - "A marital tour of misguided medicine." This podcast is hilarious. A comedic husband and his doctor wife talk about medical history and all the weird, gross, and funny ways that people have treated illness and the like over the years. You don't have to be a medical buff to enjoy this podcast. It is educational, but mostly it's hilarious and listening to their banter in every episode will make your day!

 

3. Stuff You Missed In History Class - This was one of my first ever podcasts and it is still a favorite (pretty much every podcast by HowStuffWorks.com is a favorite...Stuff You Should Know, Stuff Mom Never Told You, etc.). I really like learning about history, so this one is a no brainer for me. The co-hosts talk about events that you most likely wouldn't hear about otherwise. It's interesting and intriguing and makes me feel a little bit smarter :)


So if you see me riding around in the car, or pretending to jog at the gym, I'm most likely listening to one of these!

If you have any podcast suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment