Friday, September 26, 2014

the zoo, and a learning experience







Watching my boys discover the world is one of my favorite things. So many things are new to them and that makes the world so exciting. When I spend my time stressing about making sure everyone has a healthy snack, wiping sticky fingers, and keeping everyone happy, the boys are busy learning and exploring. They don't have a care in the world and this allows them to notice (and enjoy) even the littlest things. 

We took a trip to the zoo, with some wonderful friends, earlier this week. It was a great trip, but I felt like I was struggling to corral my kids the entire time. I had to make sure I didn't lose anybody while looking at as many animals as we could. By the time we got in the car to leave, I was completely exhausted and kind of wondering if it was worth all that work! Then I came home and started scrolling through the pictures I had taken. I was struck by how happy and carefree the boys looked. The boys loved the zoo. They loved the animals (especially the peek-a-boo playing chimp), despite my wigged out, control freak self. 

These boys, they're always teaching me something and I am so grateful for that! So here's to letting go and trying to enjoy experiences rather than control them!

......................................................

Have a great weekend!



No comments :

Post a Comment