Monday, January 1, 2018

A Low Key Christmas

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

We had a pretty low key Christmas this year. I was actually kind of worried about how simple we kept things. We didn't get out and do many fun activities around town like ice skating or sitting on Santa's lap, and we kept the gift giving to a minimum. Surprisingly, the kids seemed to really enjoy the quiet days spent at home and on Christmas morning they exclaimed that it was the "best Christmas ever!" It was such a great reminder that kids don't need much to be happy. They just need that good old quality time!

I also took on a couple big projects right before Christmas that may have contributed to our lack of holiday outings. I made all new stockings for us. Lucy didn't have one last year, and I wanted a little update in decor. I also became temporarily insane when I decided to steal all the pictures from my parent's "picture closet" and tried to digitize all of them. It was a massive project that I didn't end up finishing the way I wanted to. I did, however, manage to get all of the pictures ordered and organized in boxes, along with a video montage from the time my parents were young, up until all of us kids got married! Going through all of those old photos, especially the ones of my parents early marriage and when us kids were babies, was one of my favorite parts of Christmas!

Today is New Years, and we spent the morning taking down our decorations. It's always bittersweet to do so, but I think we lived our holidays out to the fullest. As we put everything away, I smiled at the memories and am looking forward to the many more that will come!

ginger-bread-house-3ginger-bread-house-6IMG_0186Lucy-By-The-Tree-11Processed with VSCO with a6 presetProcessed with VSCO with a6 presetProcessed with VSCO with a6 presetProcessed with VSCO with a6 presetProcessed with VSCO with a6 presetProcessed with VSCO with a6 preset

 

........................................................................................


my velvet dress is from HERE


the kid's Christmas pjs are from HERE


Lucy's baby stroller is from HERE



 

No comments :

Post a Comment