Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quiet Time for the Little Man


While my husband was away on a 6 week business trip, I tried to stay as busy as possible at night to curb the loneliness. We have been married 2 years and had only been apart from each other for a long weekend about a year ago.

My son's first birthday was coming up, so I decided to make some of his presents. I hate to say it, but these projects ended up being more for my benefit than his. He has become quite rowdy when it comes to sitting still in church for 3 hours every Sunday. So, I came up with a few fun distractions for him:

The first is a photo album. I wanted him to have pictures of his family so that he could get to know his Grandma, Grandpa, and cousins that he doesn't see very often. This was super easy, because I already had a soft, fabric photo album on hand. I just wanted to personalize it for Ande a little bit, so I made a slip cover with some fun Dinosaur fabric.

My next project was inspired by a Quiet Book tutorial I found at Everyday Celebrations. She has several different Quiet Book's (colors, numbers, A-Z animals, etc.), all of which look much better than the one I made. However, Ande loves it, so that is all that matters!

Last but not least, is the back pack that I made for him. I used Heat n' Bond and my Cricut to cut out the letters and animals. It actually didn't work that well (anybody have any tips on cutting fabric with the Cricut?). I made up my own pattern for the bag. My pattern making skills need A LOT of work, so I was surprised with how well it turned out. Then I tried it on Ande....It's a little big, he will have to grow into it!


(I'm working on different ways to display my pictures. Unfortunately these collages came out looking a little small. Bare with me.)

No comments :

Post a Comment