Wednesday, September 28, 2011

maxi dress to midi skirt

So, I stole a dress from my sister's closet.
 (for the billionth time)

It was this jersey, orangey, maxi dress...


I know what you're thinking...the dress is cute, why cut it up?
I don't know. 
I guess I just felt like it was too much orange.

So, I cut off the top...


Serged it...


And then sewed on an elastic waist band.

I now have a fun and flouncy midi skirt with just the right amount of orange...


Clothing refashions are fun.
I went to the thrift store today in search of something to transform into wearable apparel but nothing caught my eye.
I was also in search of some things that I need for the boys' Halloween costumes this year.
Yep, I have decided what they are going to be, but nope, I'm not telling!
All you need to know is that it's going to be great!

3 comments :