Monday, October 7, 2013

October goals

I make a lot of goals for myself, but I don't often write them down. I either put them off for another time, or forget that I even made them. In an effort to be more accountable to myself and more productive this month, I decided to write down my personal goals and share them with you. So here they are,


1. I am in a constant state of dehydration. I just really like flavor. Water is not my favorite, but I definitely need to work on drinking more. I know that I would feel so much better if I did.

2. I have a couple books lined up in my "que" and I want to actually read them. I usually opt to watch a show on netflix at night, once the boys are in bed, but I'm setting a goal to forego the show and finish a book or two instead.

3. I love making the costumes for the kids, so my goal is to get at least 2 of them handcrafted. If I somehow have time to make all 3, then huzzah!

4. I need to go to bed earlier. Period.

5. Living with 4 boys means a lot of clothes. A lot. I am really good at getting everything washed on Friday (laundry day), but I have a huge problem getting the clothes put away. I am just sick and tired of having a basket of laundry in the hallway all.the.time, so I"m going to kick myself into gear and try to get it done by the end of the weekend!

These are all pretty simple goals. I really shouldn't have a problem getting them accomplished, but somehow, these are always things that slip between the cracks of life. Hopefully writing them down, and knowing that I'm going to review my progress at the end of the month will help me get on track!

What goals are you making for yourself this month?

1 comment :

  1. I'm attempting to figure out how to exercise with 2 kids/newborn again. Ugh, so far sleep usually wins the fight--so we'll see how much progress I can make this month.

    I have a hard time drinking water too, so now I leave a water bottle on my nightstand and by my chair so everytime I sit down with the kids I drink some water... it makes it a lot easier to remember and i end up drinking a lot more.

    And for the laundry, i read on a blog to run a load each night and then pull it out of the dryer and fold it first thing in the morning. This kind of makes me feel like laundry never ends, but it also keeps it from feeling like an all day project and the folding isn't as tedious.

    But seriously when are they gonna invent the robots that do laundry for us?

    ReplyDelete