Wednesday, February 11, 2015

little crochet hearts and easy diy valentines decorations


A few of my friends and I decided to have a fun valentine's day themed girl's night. We planned to eat yummy treats, play funny games, and chat...a lot! I wanted to keep the cost of our festivities minimal so one afternoon last week, I went to town crocheting these cute little hearts! I didn't really have a plan for them as I was making them. They actually looked really cute just sprawled out on the table, and a lot of friends suggested I make a garland, but I wanted to try something a little different. 

I ended up having the boys help me collect sticks on our weekly Wednesday adventure, put the sticks in a vase and hung the crochet hearts randomly along the branches. It is a fun, completely free, decoration and I think it turned out pretty cute!


And since the boys collected about 20 more sticks than I actually needed, I used some extras to make funny little cupid's arrows. All I did there was hot glue a crochet heart to one end of the stick and some feathers to the other end.



There are so many cute ways to use these little crochet hearts. They are such a fun, cost effective way to decorate for valentine's day, or any time you feel like expressing your love!

Below, I will share with you a crochet pattern so you can make your own hearts.

(Please note: There are SO many crochet heart patterns and tutorials out there, and I'm sure many of them are similar, if not the same. This pattern is what I ended up with after fiddling around on my own for a bit.)

Using any worsted weight yarn (I used Vanna's Choice), and a size H crochet hook:

Ch 3. Sl st in first ch to form loop.
Ch 3. Work 4 tr into center of loop. Work 3 dc into center of loop.
Ch 1. Tr into center of loop. Ch 1. 
Work 3 dc into center of loop. Work 4 tr into center of loop.
Ch 2. Sl st into center of loop. Fasten off.


.................What would you do with your little crochet hearts!?................

No comments :

Post a Comment