Friday, February 13, 2015

my marley bag




A few weeks ago I was contacted by Wool and the Gang, a really hip and fun company that sells crochet and knit patterns, yarns, and kits. I have admired their work for a long while! I was even inspired by one of their designs when I wrote my wrap sweater crochet pattern. They saw my wrap sweater floating around the internets and thought I might like to try one of their knit kits to review. Of course, I jumped at the chance!

 

I decided to try the Marley Bag because I love purses and I really wanted to try out Wool and the Gang's Jersey Be Good cotton yarn.

When the kit arrived in the mail, I think I actually squealed. I was so excited, and I pretty much got started on making the bag right away!

The kit came with every supply that I would need to make my bag (yarn, knitting needles, hardware for the purse, and of course the pattern). The pattern was so incredibly detailed and easy to follow! Every stitch and technique that I needed to know to make the bag was defined and explained so that even a beginner could breeze right through it! 






It took me about 3 days to complete the bag, with most of that time being dedicated to making the strap. The paracord technique used for the strap was slow going for me, but it looks great and I'm glad I went with the longer length!

I am totally in love with this pattern, the knit kit, this bag! It is definitely going to be my new go-to date night purse and I have some plans to take it with me on a little adventure this weekend! 

I mean, look at me in these pictures below....don't I look happy? :)







...Wool and the Gang gifted me this knit kit, but all opinions in this post are 100% my own!...

No comments :

Post a Comment