Friday, April 17, 2015

Dear Ande,


I can't believe you are 6 years old!
Every year the number of your age seem SO big.
Everything that I wrote for your birthday last year still remains everything I love about you.

I appreciate your patience with me.
You are my first baby.
Every phase that you go through is completely new to me.
Your whole life is going to be a huge learning experience for me as a mom.
Sometimes I get things right, but sometimes I get things very, very wrong.
Thank you for loving me through it all.

You started Kindergarten this year!
You learned to read this year!
A few months ago when you read an entire book to yourself you said,
"Mom! Now I can read anything!"
Yes, sweetie. Yes you can!
I hope you will continue to love reading and learning as much as you have so far!

You were my first born for a reason.
You are the best helper and biggest brother that ever was.
Your ability to nurture and love your little brothers is amazing to me.
You're also the life of the party, and we always look forward to you bounding off the bus in the afternoons!
I know that sharing pretty much everything can be hard sometimes,
but I think it will make you a stronger, more giving person in the long run.
So thanks for putting up with brothers stealing your toys, breaking your lego cars, 
and togetherness always.

I loved telling you about your birth story the other night.
It was fun for me to tell you about the day (ahem...night) we first met.
I will never forget it.

As much as I miss that squishy little baby that you used to be,
I am truly loving every age as you grow older.
You're a real cool kid and I love you!

Love, Mama


No comments :

Post a Comment