Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Kids Can Cook {Refrigerator Biscuit Mini Pizzas}


I am no master chef. Come to think of it, cooking dinner is one of my absolute least favorite activities. Because of this, I have come to love finding  quick and easy dinners that don't take up a lot of time or ingredients. And besides taking less time in the kitchen (which is a plus for me), these types of recipes are a perfect way to get the kids helping in the kitchen! 

Hey, did you know? Kids can cook, too!?


My three year old Owen, in particular, has shown an interest in cooking and helping out in the kitchen lately. Sometimes it's hard for me to give up control and allow the kids to be a bit messy and imperfect, but helping makes them so happy! They are so proud of their work, which also makes them that much more excited to eat the food when it's done!

So, here is a recipe for an easy pizza dinner that we tried last night! The boys had a blast decorating each mini pizza and gobbled them right up when they were done! 


Ingredients:
1-2 packages refrigerator biscuits
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
choice of toppings

Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes

Place biscuits on cookie sheet and press each round into a small pizza-like crust. Spread spaghetti sauce on top. Follow up with toppings and cheese (I like to put the cheese on last to hold everything in place). Bake at 400 degrees for 11 minutes.



I did all of the biscuit shaping while the boys added all of the toppings!





Sometimes dinner time can just be hard. The kids are often scooter-ing about the house, running over my toes or begging for snacks while I'm trying to cook. Having them help to make these refrigerator biscuit mini pizzas was the perfect way to keep them entertained, allow them to munch a bit of cheese while they decorated, and made us all a little bit more cheery!


So, now I'd like to know... What easy meals do you like to make for your family? What have your kids helped to cook?

No comments :

Post a Comment