Friday, September 25, 2015

{motherly love} the next phase



I recently came to the realization that we are moving into a new phase of life and parenting. Things have been changing ever-so-subtly that I almost didn't notice.

I no longer have to put lids on sippy cups.

Only one kid needs help buckling in the car.

We go on family walks without a stroller.

There are no diapers in sight.

Bed time has been creeping later and later (well- late for us).

My schedule now revolves around school and soccer rather than feedings and naps.

And now that this realization has hit me, I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Our boys are growing up and as much as we want to still be in the "baby" stage, it's just not where we're meant to be right now. It's definitely a struggle to watch these kids getting bigger and losing that sweet baby innocence. They are independent and just don't need us quite as much anymore.

But at the same time, this phase has also been special in it's own way. I love watching their quirky personalities blossom and their curiosity for everything on this green earth to grow. We have a lot of laughs and a lot of meaningful conversations. And when they show us love, it's intentional and thoughtful.

Parenting is such a roller coaster of learning, emotions, and change. Most of the time I'm a little stubborn, and don't want to go along with the ride. But I've been strapped in and there's no getting off. And despite my fears I end up loving it.







.........................................................

I often write thoughts about parenting and motherhood.
You can find some of my previous musings HERE, HERE, and HERE

No comments :

Post a Comment