Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dear Ande,

anderson-turns-7

ande-turns-seven

anderson-nasa-costume
{Photography by Monika Ottehenning}



Last Friday you came and woke me up at the crack of dawn, full of excitement for your birthday. I guess that's only fitting considering you were born in the wee hours of the morning. Your birthday is always so special to me because it was the day that I became a mom for the first time. I can't believe that it has already been 7 years since that day! I remember it like it was yesterday. You came into our lives with a bang, and a lot of pain! But mothering you has been so amazing ever since. You are great at showing love and affection. You are curious about the world and I love the way I can see your little mind working and thinking when you ask about something new. Your ability to dream up, and create Lego trucks is amazing, with all of the little details that you include in each creation. You've been reading a lot lately and I enjoy having that passion in common with you. Thank you for always being so helpful around the house. You are the first to jump up and get to work when we ask. You have been such a fun, loving big brother. We all can't wait to watch you love, teach, and nurture your little sister in a few months. She, and her brothers, are so lucky to have you as their example. You have endured our rookie parenting with such patience, thank you for being our guinea pig and for teaching us bits of wisdom along the way!

We love you with all our hearts. Happy number 7!

No comments :

Post a Comment