Thursday, November 10, 2011

pumpkin mums

I get to spend the weekend here:


Jealous?

We're spending the weekend with my Grandma up in the mountains of N.C.
The colors are absolutely gorgeous this time of year.
I can't wait to take it all in.

I wish I could have some of that same beauty in my own house.
The golds, reds, and oranges are so warm and inviting.

I am not a genius decorator myself, but I love when people decorate with flowers.
How convenient that one of my favorite flowers grow with those same bright and glowing colors?
Mums.
I have yet to buy any this year...
but I love them.

So, I was browsing around at pictures of fall and chrysanthemums and I stumbled upon a very interesting fall decorating technique.

Pumpkin Mums.


Or, mums in pumpkins.


This idea is so ridiculous and amazing at the same time.


Do you fill up the pumpkin with water?
Do you put soil in it?
I'm intrigued, and I think I wanna try it.

It's almost the weekend.
I'm going to spend mine enjoying family and the beauty that is FALL.

1 comment :