Friday, May 25, 2012

High Five For Friday { birthday edition }

Children's Wall Art Print - Waiting - 8x10 - Girl Kids Nursery Room Decor
(photo from Sarah Jane Studios)

Here are 5 of my favorites from this past week...

{1} Today is my birthday! I love birthdays. Some friends took Curtis and I out to dinner last night. It was seriously yummy. This morning the boys let me sleep in a little bit, surprised me with a present, made me a smoothie (my favorite breakfast), and even did some laundry for me (Friday is always laundry day). Tonight, Curtis and I get to go out again to finally see The Avengers! We're comic movie nerds and proud of it.

{2} I actually made it to the gym 3 times this week! Usually I'm lucky if we get over there just once. I've recently come to love jogging and I feel so much better about myself and happier on the days that I get to run.

{3} Speaking of the gym...the pool opens this weekend and all I can think about is how I'm going to spend Monday sitting in the shallows of the pool, soaking up the sun with my babies.

{4} Last weekend, we went down to the beach with friends. I already showed some pictures...but that definitely made my week/month. I love the beach. I'm hoping to plan many more day trips this summer, all leading up to our week long family beach vaca.

{5} I love birthdays, but hate the idea of getting old. Today, I started thinking about the past year and things that I've accomplished. I thought about how I grew and birthed a little new human this past year and how he is already turning into such a sweet, loving, and smart kid. That's a pretty big accomplishment and I am now grateful that I could live one more year of life to have Owen join our family, and to see Ande grow into such a big kid. I guess that part of getting old isn't so bad!

{Linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk}

No comments :

Post a Comment