Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Milo turns one













Milo turned one last week and I only cried once! Seriously, I am so proud of myself. 

With Christmas just ending and all that, I just wasn't in the mood for a big birthday party. And luckily, Milo didn't seem to care one way or the other. We kept it simple. I blew up a bajillion balloons to surprise him when he woke up from his nap (which he loved), he wore his little birthday crown that I made for him (which I may add to the shop if I ever get good pictures), and we had dinner and cupcakes with my parents that evening. 

Milo just stared at his cupcake for a good 30 seconds before trying it out for himself. But once his little mouth tasted the first bit of icing, he was all in. And he basically did put the entire cupcake in his mouth all.at.once. At least, he tried to. 

Who ever came up with the whole "cake smash for your first birthday" thing anyway? I don't know, but it is pretty darn cute. 

So now my baby is officially a toddler and I have all kinds of feelings and emotions swirling in my brain about it. I am still, and always will be, amazed and baffled by the fast-yet-slow passage of time. 

And here is a little video clip Curtis put together of Milo's birthday celebration...


No comments :

Post a Comment