Wednesday, August 13, 2014

our family beach week, part 2











When I'm at the beach, I really feel like I'm "home." So many memories from my childhood are tied to the beaches of North Carolina, and now so many memories with my own children are as well. It doesn't get much better than the sun on my skin, the cool feeling when I dig my toes down into the sand, and the sound of the waves crashing. It's just, the best.

During our trip last week, we were all sort of gathered near the window when the rain finally subsided. Through the clouds we saw two bright rainbows in the sky. It was so beautiful and so reassuring that the sun was ready to join us. The rest of the week, we enjoyed watching the boys digging to their little hearts content. And because of all the rain, the tide came up unusually high each afternoon which created these amazing tide pools. They were perfect for little feet to splash in, for crazy rides on the boogie board, and for baby pool-turned-boat river rafting!

Ahhh....take me back!

No comments :

Post a Comment