Tuesday, July 7, 2015

pictures from our 4th of July weekend

Curtis and I have had some pretty awesome 4th of July experiences over the years. Part of the reason I am so fond of this holiday is because it reminds me of the summer we first met. After about a week of dating/"hanging out", Curtis invited me down to a family reunion in Alabama. On the way down there, we stopped in Atlanta for some pretty awesome fireworks! Since then, we've been to a water park in Alabama, Stone Mountain in Georgia, Boston, Gettysburg, and a few other fun places to celebrate Independence Day. This year's trip to the beach with family just adds to our list of awesome summer 4th of July experiences! 

Even with the threat of shark attacks more prevalent than ever, the boys were braver in the water than I've ever seen them! I love that they are beginning to love the beach as much as I do! They did a lot of digging in the sand, splashing in the waves, giggling, and in Milo's case- running down the beach as far away as possible. 

Every trip to Atlantic Beach also requires an afternoon in Beaufort, the most quaint little waterfront city you can imagine. It's the stuff Nicholas Spark's books are made of (literally). We ate dinner down there and then strolled along the docks afterward so the boys could look at all of the boats. We even caught a glimpse of a wild pony on the island across the sound. 

Even though we had to brave some pretty fierce winds on Saturday, the evening turned out to be just gorgeous! The air was even a little bit cool while we sat on the edge of the sound and watched the fireworks light up over the water. Curtis and I tried to recreate a picture from that first 4th of July 8 years ago. When I saw the pictures I realized we were much cuter back then! 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. I especially love the cousin photos...lots of boys and lots of love between them!



ocean-splashing

down-by-the-shore

cousins-on-the-dock

nautical-flags

patriotic-by-the-sea

color-and-texture-colorful-rope

boardwalk-selfie

nautical-floor-mural

cousin-love

No comments :

Post a Comment