Friday, March 17, 2017

happier times

"Can we speak in flowers? It will be easier for me to understand..."


-Nayyirah Waheed


img_0521img_0523img_0525img_0527img_0529

Spring, flowers, and warm weather are my love language. I know I'm not alone in how much weather affects my mood. On warm sunny days, I feel so chipper and happy and ready to conquer anything. On cold, wintry days, I am moody and sad and snappy!

IMG_0491img_0535

We were spoiled with an extremely warm February. We had so many beautiful 70 degree days. I was in heaven. We ventured to the park every afternoon, and I didn't feel so bogged down by my lack of sleep. On one of these unseasonably warm days, we went to the "dragon park" (the boys have their own names for every park. ie: mulch park, castle park, blue park, etc). I wore one of my favorite dresses, snapped away with my camera, and we enjoyed a little picnic dinner!

img_0537img_0539

As I'm writing this, it is March, 30 degrees, and the wind will knock you down! I've been in a bad mood, refusing to take off my pajamas, with a knot in my pony tail the size of Texas, all day. I know that spring will come back eventually. But for now, I will just have to stare at these pictures and dream of happier times!

:: I got my dress at a cute little market in San Antonio, TX during our Thanksgiving road trip, but here are some similarly embroidered dress options you could try: here, here, and here! ::

img_0544

No comments :

Post a Comment