Friday, May 12, 2017

Choose Adventure!

IMG_0665IMG_0671IMG_0673IMG_0677IMG_0679IMG_0681

Most days the afternoon slump really gets me. The older boys get home from school, throw their backpacks on the floor and are starving for a snack and are ready to tell me every detail of their day! Around this time, Lucy is also waking up from her nap, ready to play and have her snack as well! And at this same time of day, when my attention is needed most, and my little ones are ready for action, I start to feel so, so tired.

I know I should be using nap time to rest, but I find myself getting antsy, thinking about all the things I could be doing instead.

I know I'm not alone in feeling this way!

Luckily, I've found a cure for those long afternoons. I choose to have an ADVENTURE!

Laundry can wait. A fancy home cooked meal, can wait. Homework can wait.

When I get out of the house and find an adventure with the kids, we all feel energized and happier. It's amazing what a little sunshine and swings can do to your mood! Even when I'm so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open, we pile into the van and drive to one of our favorite parks. We end up eating bananas and sandwiches for dinner instead of vegetables and fancy pasta, but I come away smiling. I forget how tired I am when we're riding the little train, or swinging on the tire swing, or climbing to the top of the equipment. And I'll take those moments over feeling the gloomy afternoon slump any day!

So when you find yourself counting down the hours until bedtime...instead,

Choose Adventure

No comments :

Post a Comment