Thursday, October 19, 2017

Our Morning Hike

a-fall-hike-11

[gallery ids="6310,6315,6313" type="rectangular"]

[gallery ids="6312,6307" type="rectangular"]

a-fall-hike-4

[gallery ids="6301,6302" type="rectangular"]

a-fall-hike-14

[gallery ids="6317,6318,6319" type="rectangular"]

 

As you can imagine, life with four kids is BUSY! I spend a lot of time just cleaning up the house, preparing meals, cleaning up after meals, driving to and fro, checking homework, doing laundry, and making sure bedtime happens! Whew! Just typing all that out made me ready for a nap! And that's just a small part of keeping this family running! I'm sure many of you can relate!

But recently I've realized that even though I'm doing SO much for my kids, that's not necessarily what they need. What they really want and need is for me to slow down and just listen. And honestly, that's hard for me to do. If they come up to me with their latest lego creation while I'm doing the dishes, I SO badly want to just finish what I'm doing first and then take a look. But lately, as I've been praying to have a better idea of what each individual child needs, I've been able to sense when they need a little more of me.

I've especially felt this lately with Milo. He and I probably spend the most time together, but even still, I've noticed him getting a little more cranky than usual. I've also noticed that when he typically has quiet time in his room, he instead, comes to sit next to me on the couch or the bed. I realized that he just wanted to be close to me. He just wanted me to really get down and talk to him, and enjoy him.

So last week, as I tried to be extra intentional with our time together, we went on a hiking adventure! I ran down the trails of crunchy leaves with him, and I engaged with him in his imaginary "adventurer" world. His smiled reached from ear to ear the entire time and now I know that slowing down is sometimes what they need more than a clean kitchen or  folded clothes.

..................................................................


I also talked about Being Present In The Moment Here


& there's a video I created about it Here!

No comments :

Post a Comment