Wednesday, August 21, 2013

crochet love {lap blanket}





My Granny broke her hip a couple months ago and it has been a rough, painful recovery.
Luckily, she is so strong and her recovery is progressing!

She is now spending long hours in her living room chair, so I thought I'd make her a little lap blanket to keep her warm while she reads and does her daily crossword puzzle!

I used Red Heart's Weekend Throw crochet pattern as my basis.
It is an easy pattern to follow and it only took a couple rows before I had the pattern memorized.
I love it when I don't have to keep referring back to the pattern for every row!
I decided not to crochet a border around the entire blanket,
but rather a little scalloped edge on the sides, just for something a little different.

I love how it turned out!
I can't wait to give it to my Granny 
(hopefully she doesn't read this before I give it to her!...hey Granny!)

................................................
Have you tried any good crochet blanket patterns lately?
Which one should I try next!?


2 comments :

  1. You are so good at this stuff babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so much like your mom in the middle picture! I'm sure your granny will love the blanket!! I'd love to learn how to crochet one day, my hand tire easily tho, maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete